The 11+ exam registration will shortly be OPENING for Birmingham, Warwickshire, Walsall and Wolverhampton’s Grammar Schools.
If your child will be in Year 6 this September 22, and you are looking for them to go to a Grammar School in Year 7 (starting September 2023) then NOW is the time to apply.
How do we apply?
Firstly, it is important to note that we, Smart 11+ Tuition, cannot register your child for the 11+ exam. It is the parent’s responsibility to register their child for the test.
However, for each area and each school, there are different steps to complete 11+ exam registration.
We have listed these steps below:
- Click here.
- Fill in the online form.
- You will also need to upload a photograph of your child. Photographs should clearly show your child’s face and have been taken within the last month prior to registering. The photograph should be in .jpeg format and must be no larger than 2mb in size.
PLEASE NOTE: The entrance test for The Grammar Schools in Birmingham is shared with Warwickshire County Council and the grammar schools in Warwickshire. This means by sitting the ‘Birmingham’ entrance test, your child can be eligible to apply for any of the grammar schools in Warwickshire. Likewise, applicants sitting the ‘Warwickshire’ test can be eligible to apply for any of the grammar schools in Birmingham.
To be eligible, you must tick the relevant box on the test registration form to share the results. Any request to share results after the registration closing date will not be considered until after school offers have been made in March 2023. You must only apply for your child to sit the entrance test in either Birmingham or Warwickshire, not both. If you live in, or near to Warwickshire or close to one of the Warwickshire grammar schools you must register for the test via Warwickshire County Council.
- Applicants should create or log in to a Parent Portal account.
- Submit the online 11+ exam registration form that will be available underneath the relevant child’s details on the account.
- An automatic email will be sent to the email address associated with the Parent Portal account confirming submission, once it has been completed successfully.
Wolverhampton Grammar School:
- To register for a place you should complete an online registration form that can be accessed on their website. OR download a hardcopy registration form and return it to Wolverhampton Grammar School’s Admissions Registrar.
- A non-refundable registration fee of £25 will be payable at the time of application.
- Apply to the School/Consortium to take the Entrance Test, a link is available on their website below
- Register with the school.
- Fill in the application form.
We fully understand that this can be a very stressful time.
If your child has only just started showing interest in taking part in the exam then we recommend supporting them with tuition sessions as soon as you can.
Tuition will enable your child to become comfortable and familiar with 11+ style questions. It will provide them not only with academic support but with qualified, experienced tutors on hand to support their studies and answer their questions.
If you have any further questions about the application process, GL style papers or tuition itself, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 0121 406 0934 or email at email@example.com