11 plus registration to sit the Birmingham and Warwickshire Grammar School test for entry to Year 7 in September 2022 are now open. Applications must be submitted by 4pm on Wednesday 30th June 2021. The test will take place on Saturday 11 September 2021.
For further information and to register for the test visit the Grammar Schools in Birmingham website.
When to apply
You register for the test during the 11 plus registration period when your child is in Year 5 with a date of birth will be between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011.
See the timetable below for details of when you can register:
- 4 May 2021 – test registration opens.
- 16 June 2021 – deadline for receipt of applications for special arrangements for children with disabilities or requiring additional resources to sit the test.
- 30 June 2021 (4pm) – deadline for registration to sit the test.
- 11 September 2021 – the entrance test for The Grammar Schools in Birmingham.
- 15 October 2021 (or before) – results of the test sent to parents.
- 31 October 2021 – preference forms must be submitted to your Local Authority
- 1 March 2022 – Local Authorities inform parents of the school place offered to their child
How to register for the test
- During the registration period (4th May – 30th June 2021), you can register your child for the entrance test here.
- As part of the registration process, you will need to upload a photograph of your child. This is used to verify your child’s identity at the test venue and will be checked again should your child be successful in gaining a place at one of the grammar schools. Before beginning your registration, ensure you have a suitable photograph available on your device ready to upload. Photographs should clearly show your child’s face and have been taken within the last month prior to registering. The photograph should be in .jpeg format and must be no larger than 2mb in size.
- If you have any difficulties registering online please contact the Admissions office using this link.
- If your child is unable to sit the test on a Saturday or requires reasonable adjustments, please see further information by clicking here.
- Each of the grammar schools offers some priority to Pupil Premium applicants – more information can be found here.
Warwickshire grammar schools
The entrance test for the Grammar Schools in Birmingham is shared with Warwickshire County Council and the grammar schools in Warwickshire. This means by sitting the ‘Birmingham’ entrance test, your child can be eligible to apply for any of the grammar schools in Warwickshire. Likewise, applicants sitting the ‘Warwickshire’ test can be eligible to apply for any of the grammar schools in Birmingham. To be eligible, you must tick the relevant box on the test registration form to share the results. Any request to share results after the registration closing date will not be considered until after school offers have been made in March 2021.
You must only apply for your child to sit the entrance test in either Birmingham or Warwickshire. The test is the same and held on the same day.
Support For Your Child
We support children to perform at their best in the 11 plus exam. Now that the 11 plus registration window is open, it might be time to think about how your child can be supported. Get in touch today to find out more:
If you are a parent at Smart 11+ Tuition Harborne, Smart 11+ Tuition Solihull or Smart 11+ Tuition Sutton Coldfield and need any additional support with registering for the Birmingham and Warwickshire Grammar School Test, please contact us on email@example.com.