Applications to sit the Birmingham and Warwickshire Grammar School test for entry to Year 7 in September 2021 are now open. Applications must be submitted by 4pm on Friday 26 June 2020. The test will take place on Saturday 12 September 2020.
For further information and to register for the test visit the Grammar Schools in Birmingham website.
When to apply
You register for the test during the registration period when your child is in Year 5 with a date of birth will be between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010.
See the timetable below for details of when you can register:
- 4 May 2020 – test registration opens.
- 17 June 2020 – deadline for receipt of applications for special arrangements for children with disabilities or requiring additional resources to sit the test.
- 26 June 2020 (4pm) – deadline for registration to sit the test.
- 12 September 2020 – the entrance test for The Grammar Schools in Birmingham.
- 16 October 2020 (or before) – results of the test sent to parents.
- 31 October 2020 – preference forms must be submitted to your Local Authority
- 1 March 2021 – Local Authorities inform parents of the school place offered to their child
How to register for the test
- During the registration period (4th May – 26th June 2020), you can register your child for the entrance test here.
- As part of the registration process, you will need to upload a photograph of your child. This is used to verify your child’s identity at the test venue and will be checked again should your child be successful in gaining a place at one of the grammar schools. Before beginning your registration, ensure you have a suitable photograph available on your device ready to upload. Photographs should clearly show your child’s face and have been taken within the last month prior to registering. The photograph should be in .jpeg format and must be no larger than 2mb in size.
- If you have any difficulties registering online please contact the Admissions office using this link.
- If your child is unable to sit the test on a Saturday or requires reasonable adjustments, please see further information by clicking here.
- Each of the grammar schools offer some priority to Pupil Premium applicants – more information can be found here.
Warwickshire grammar schools
The entrance test for the Grammar Schools in Birmingham is shared with Warwickshire County Council and the grammar schools in Warwickshire. This means by sitting the ‘Birmingham’ entrance test, your child can be eligible to apply for any of the grammar schools in Warwickshire. Likewise, applicants sitting the ‘Warwickshire’ test can be eligible to apply for any of the grammar schools in Birmingham. To be eligible, you must tick the relevant box on the test registration form to share the results. Any request to share results after the registration closing date will not be considered until after school offers have been made in March 2021.
You must only apply for your child to sit the entrance test in either Birmingham or Warwickshire. The test is the same and held on the same day.
At this stage, there is no official confirmation that the exam could be affected by the COVID-19 situation. Therefore we would recommend applying as normal within the registration period and await further information. Rest assured that if we hear of any official information we will pass this to you as a matter of urgency.
Support For Your Child
Whilst at this point we aren’t taking on new pupils, our books will reopen shortly. We will try to run intensive courses over the summer period to help children fine-tune their skills and brush up their knowledge. Leave your details in the form below and we will get back to you when we are booking assessments.
If you are a parent at Smart 11+ Tuition Harborne, Smart 11+ Tuition Solihull or Smart 11+ Tuition Sutton Coldfield and need any additional support with registering for the Birmingham and Warwickshire Grammar School Test, please contact us on email@example.com.