This document aims to provide clarity about the information we keep about you, where we keep it, and what you can do if you want to view, amend or have the information deleted. First and foremost, Smart 11+ Tuition isn’t going to sell your data, trade it with other organisations or give it to other companies for marketing purposes. This information will remain within the Smart 11+ Tuition company unless you request for it to be removed. Our Data Guardian, Mark, will be more than happy to help you with this.
The rest of this policy will break down further our dedication to your privacy, detailing the sort of data which we might hold, how it is stored and what to do if you want us to change the information or your contact preferences.
What Information We Hold
- Your name, and the names of your children.
- Your contact details including email address.
- Demographic information such as your postcode, preferences and interests.
What We Do With The Information Held
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. More information on emails is detailed below.
We may collect cookies for the purposes of ensuring the site meets the standards set by search engines, making sure the content on the website is relevant by tracking a user’s journey through the website or using it to create a profile for our users in order to try and find others who might be interested in our products or services. This could include data that search engines or social media sites hold about you.
Emails from Smart 11+ Tuition
We may from time to time send you an email, either in the form of a newsletter or telling you about other products or services that Smart 11+ Tuition offers which might be of interest to you. We may also communicate with you about your child if you have asked for us to communicate with you that way. We might also ask you to complete surveys on your child’s experience with us.
When we send you emails, we do so because you have either given your consent to receive them, or you are a customer and so you give implicit consent for us to email you about your child.
At any point, you can ask to be removed from our mailing list. However, this might mean you miss out on important information, so if you’d rather receive emails at a different frequency or just on a set topic, please let us know so we can meet your requirements.
Your Rights to View, Amend or Change the Information Which is Held
If you would like to find out what data we holabout you or your child, you can contact Sam, Principal Tutor, who will refer you to our data guardian, Mark. You can also ask for any data to be amended or removed, as per your rights under the GDPR laws from 25th May 2018.
This policy was created on 07/06/2018 and will be reviewed on 07/06/2019.