We are looking forward to seeing you all again this Saturday 20TH and Tuesday 23RD March! The address is Solihull Methodist Church Hall, Station Approach, B91 1LG.
We are aware that this has been a difficult time for our pupils, and our tutors will start their first session back with a conversation about how COVID 19 may have affected them. They will remind our pupils to treat each other with kindness, as always. We are also here for you, the parents. COVID restrictions make it difficult to talk face-to-face, but we are always at the end of the phone if you want to talk.
I just wanted to remind you of the safety procedures we have in place at Solihull Methodist Church Hall. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with these procedures. By everyone adhering to these measures ensures a safe learning environment for everyone in the centre.
Drop off and Collection
- Please arrive 5 minutes before the session starts.
- For safeguarding reasons, we need to take the name of anyone who may drop off or collect your child from tuition so please be ready to give this information to our tutors.
To ensure that we are COVID secure, please drop off your child in the meet and greet area at the front of the building.
Please collect your child from the dismissal area at the rear of the building.
- Children will be asked to wait outside in the line for their tutor group, where cones are set out to facilitate social distancing. We kindly ask that you are prepared for inclement weather by bringing appropriate clothing and umbrellas for the weather for you and your child. If you choose to wait until your child enters the building, please take caution as the car park is very busy.
- Regrettably, parents will not be permitted to stand with their child or inside the building.
Absence and Punctuality
- If your child is due to be absent, please let us know in advance as this helps us plan sessions.
- We also have a policy on lateness for arrival and collection, although we do not fine, we politely request that you are on time to drop off and collect.
- If you are late to the session, please walk your child to the building, ring the bell, and wait at a safe distance. One of our staff members will attend to you as soon as possible.
To ensure that our centre remains COVID secure please can you ensure that:
- If your child or anyone in the household has any of the below symptoms, do not attend the centre:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- If your child is isolating from school they do not attend tuition until their isolation period is over.
- Please adhere to social distancing rules when dropping off and picking up.
- Your child will be asked to use hand sanitiser at the start and end of their session. If you would prefer your child to sue their own, please supply them with is and let us know.
- If your child would like to wear a mask they are welcome to do so.
In order to minimise the risk of transmission, please can you ensure that your child brings a pencil case with them that includes: a pen, a red pen, a pencil and a ruler. Your child should also bring their red and blue exercise books if they have them.
Thank you again for your cooperation to keep Smart 11+ a safe place to learn.
Emily and the Smart 11+ Team